May 18, 2008

While it was a long two weeks, all is well and everyone is home! Elleree was strong, and a fighter, as well as her mom and dad who never left her side. I sit here and think, I just don't know how you do it, handle a trial of this magnitude. But Desiree will tell you, you do what you have to do, you don't think about it, you just do it. Her stay at the hospital showed her how blessed she really is (we are), and there are those whose challenges and trials are even greater. While Elleree's situation was close, she was able to leave the hospital a beautiful healthy little girl with a chance for a normal life. Elleree had lots of prayers, love, and strength from family and friends through out her stay. They couldn't have done it without you, Thank you!! Dillon and Truman were troopers as well. Dillon turned five while all of this was going on. He and Truman were able to visit and celebrate with the bonus of a stay at a motel with a pool!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Soooo gald everything worked out okay. I don't ever want to know what that feels like. Dez is my hero! Glad you could be there for support, what an awesome sister!

wallymom said...

Hey, I'm so out of the loop it's pathetic and I hate to admit it, but what happened?

My Angels said...

Sorry, I guess I assumed that my little summary gave all the details.
Elleree was life flighted to Primary Children's Hospital with RSV. She had been admitted to IRMAC already when she coded. She had a seizure and quite breathing. She was in the PICU for a week,in the hospital for two full weeks before she was able to go home. Needless to say, she gave everyone a bit of a scare.