Jun 1, 2008

Memorial Day Memories

So it rained or sprinkled most of the day! But we stayed strong and weathered through a trip to the Boulder Creek Festival. We did get a few comments on the girls "ride" It is sometimes hard to get Aaron out of the house, but I was determined that we were not going to sit around and do nothing! I had never been to Boulder, so it was a great reason. I have to say that I am not so impressed, and do not know what everyone is paying such high prices for. It is a combination of Jackson and Sun Valley, Tree hugging ritz. Except that it is not a well kept town, from what I saw anyway. They are defiantly all naturel,(no grooming?) Anyway there were lots little stands and overpriced rides. The kids only got to ride 2 each. I know we are soo mean, I don't know how they survive.

4 comments:

jo said...

I didn't realize Abby and Emily were so close in age either...that's fun. Love your take on Boulder...tree hugging ritz:) That seems to be how some things are...you wonder what the big deal is! Oh well, you got out of the house and did something!

michandler said...

You're not mean, just practical. It is always good to "get out of the house" That is how great memories are made--even ones that involve ungroomed, tree hugging ritz type visits!

Marie said...

So get this... they passed a new law in Boulder that you can't be a "pet owner" because you can't "own" another living being. You are to refer to yourself as a "pet caretaker" now! Oh well. Looks like you had a good time despite the various surroundings! I do think Boulder is very pretty though......

wallymom said...

Your family seems to get out and do a lot of little trips. It's fun for you and memories made