Apr 14, 2009

Anticipation

The morning Aaron's parents left, my sister and her children came. Unfortunately the anticipation of my sisters stay was better than the actual visit. The first day Sydney and my sister were sick and the second day I found myself sitting at the hospital until 3:00 in the morning with my niece who for the second time while staying with us, had pneumonia. So needless to say it was an uneventful week, with LOTS of movies. The girls had spring break the next week, so the plan was to caravan back to Idaho and enjoy my sisters company even longer!!

Again the anticipation was greater than the visit! We did manage to make it back for my nieces 1st birthday, though the Denver blizzard was not to thank! All of my siblings were able to make it, and we managed a picture of all the grand kids on my side. It was a treat to see my youngest brother and his new little one, only 4 weeks old!! This was to be the highlight of our stay, because a stomach flu hit, and everyone (parents, siblings, spouses and children) took their turn. So the rest of the stay was uneventful, this time the kids had their share of the wii, instead of movies!

2 comments:

crazy lady said...

Oh MY! Those are some lovely children! So glad you got to get together.

michandler said...

Nice to see all of the kids together and to see Ivan's new baby. All cuties. Sorry it wasn't a great visit.