Oct 17, 2009

Stone Soup

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not a cook! So when we went to Miller Farms and came home with all those vegetables, I had NO IDEA what we were going to do with them! Then the story of Stone Soup came to mind, and I figured that not only would Sdyd have fun, but if we did it with her friend, i might get lucky and not have to be the one who figured out how to make it. Turned out I was right, I read the story to the kids while MY friends stood over the stove! In the end EVERYONE was Happy! We let the kids pick a rock, wash it and put it in the soup, after all what is Stone Soup without the STONE?

5 comments:

crazy lady said...

Perfect!
I would have to concur that reading is, as a whole, much more enjoyable than cooking.
Looks like a fun time!

Marie said...

Awwwwww... I love the picture of them putting their stones in! How fun! We made stone soup too and I didn't even think to tell everyone to go out and get a stone to contribute! Maybe next time!

Lost Woman said...

Those little girls are so funny holding up their selected stones.
Looks like a few characters in the mix?

Smart move there Miss Reader. (:

The Desiree said...

That is soo cute! Love all her little friends, I bet she just thought it was wonderful!

wallymom said...

Brilliant