Feb 20, 2010

Valentine Visitor

I love love love my sister!! It has been hard living this far from her, but she has been so good to come and visit as much as possible, which is GREAT, and I appreciate more than she knows. She flew in last Wednesday and we started the visit off with a trip into Denver for the musical Legally Blond. It was a great night, with the help of my friend Marie, who drove and showed us the ropes! We filled the rest of her visit with shopping, dinner, a movie, a visit to a scrap metal zoo, and then there was the built in babysitter for a Valentines date!

The girls were out like a light after the day of shopping, a movie and the zoo! Sunday the girls received their traditional valentine socks and sucker. I am not sure how the tradition with socks will last with Eli in the mix now, I was able to find Incredibles socks for him this year, so I guess we'll see!

9 comments:

bell family said...

so cute! Hey what kind of car did you guys end up buying? I am looking and I really want a third row so what did you buy?

Lost Woman said...

So cool you two can get together so often.
It is always good times with Miss Des.

That picture of the girls asleep is hilarious!

jo said...

Cute pictures! So nice to have sister time...nothing else like it. I'd want to come and kiss those chubby cheeks, too. Love the socks and suckers tradition!!! I'm sure you'll come up with something if the socks don't work for Eli someday...moms are great that way ;)

That is so awesome you have a sister with whom you are close...a treasure!

Marie said...

yay for sisters!!!

michandler said...

That IS great that Des can get down to see you. What a fun Valentine tradition. Hope you can keep it up. It is always hard to find fun things for boys! Adorable picture of the girls asleep. You wore them out!

wallymom said...

You two are so blessed to have each other. I love the socks tradition. Thats very cute and don't worry, there are awsesome boy socks out there.

Betsy said...

How fun wish I was there!!!

Melissa said...

There's nothing like a sister visit! Looks like a great time. Your girls are so super cute, and I can't get enough of Eli's smile. :)

The Desiree said...

You are so cute! I almost started crying when I read it. I miss you so much sometimes, it makes me cry at random stuff.

I had fun, and thanks for having me! See you soon!