Oct 19, 2010

Sprinklers in October??

My parents, sister and her three children were here over the weekend. It was a pleasant surprise to find out they were all coming! The girls didn't have school on Friday, so it was perfect timing to boot! They did on Thursday, which left my sisters kids with less entertainment. It was a beautiful day, and Truman had asked if they could run though the sprinklers. Initially I told him to wait until the afternoon to see how warm it would get, hoping he would forget. YEAH...If you know Truman, then you know that was not about to happen!! So I thought fine, the worst that happens, they get out there, it lasts a whole whopping minute and they are back inside, and I am not the mean aunt that said "NO" To my surprise the "whopping minute" turned into 45 minutes. It really was a beautiful day! It turned out to be a great time, as did the rest of their visit. All the rest of the pictures from the weekend are in Des's camera, I lent my batteries to my dad for his camera, so those may or may not come later. It really is great that they are so willing to make the trip so often to see us. They had to rent a mini van just so they could all fit in one vehicle. That is love I tell ya! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

8 comments:

Lost Woman said...

Sprinklers in October sounds like an Arizona thing not Colorado! Crazy.

How fun is that!??

It's so great the fam hits the road to visit.

I can't believe Eli is up and running already.

Cute E.

crazy lady said...

That DOES look like fun! Crazy to think of doing that in October...
What a great surprise to have that visit. You DO have a great family! I bet everyone had a blast:0)
Cute photos of your cute babies by the by.

wallymom said...

Way to go, you nice aunt. What a fun memory. You have an awesome family.

Sassy Rachel said...

Oh wow, I want to squish that baby's chubby body in that suit. Yum.

Yeah sprinklers in Oct...who woulda thought:)

I'm in love with your babies in blue:)

michandler said...

Kids have no nerve endings I think. I could get a headache just thinking about sprinklers in October. Isn't great that kids are so free like that though! Nice you are able to get visitors so often!

Ashley said...

only in colorado! :) and let me just say i never get tired of looking at that yummy little boy of yours! :)

jo said...

That is funny.

That is so cool they rented a van so they could all come see you....you are LOVED!

Melissa said...

Sprinklers in October = unexpected fun.

Eli in a swimsuit = fantastic squishy yumminess. Man, he's a doll.