Mar 26, 2011

Perfect Day for the Zoo

It has been a long time since we had been to the zoo, all together as a family! So we loaded up and off we went! Eli was tiny the last time we went, so I was excited to see his reaction to the animals. Turns out that with the exception of the monkeys, he did not seem to be all that impressed! He was very docile, and was just along for the ride, who knew! He did enjoy the monkeys, maybe cause they have so much in common? I have always had a hard time getting good zoo pictures, but I have to say I LOVE the shot of Eli with the Ape in the background. We splurged and let the kids ride BOTH the carousel and the train, the girls were very excited. It was a great family day!

6 comments:

crazy lady said...

What a fun day! I agree with you on the shot of the ape and boy wonder - very cute. How nice to have a family outing.

Lost Woman said...

The train AND the carousel? Heaven.

That pic of Eli is really a charmer, but I have to say the girls posing against the orangutan (or whatever that is) are pretty funny too.

I do love a zoo. More fun with kids though.

michandler said...

The zoo is always fun. We have had some amazing trips to the zoo as a family. Some of my favorites include the grizzly bear cleaning the window with the window washer and the snow leopard who played hide and seek with Cooper when he was about three. We love the zoo.

wallymom said...

I love the zoo. We haven't had any days perfect for anything like that yet-good for you. Love the picts, Eli is sooo much cuter than the monkey

The Desiree said...

Eli is so dang cute!
Your kids and their beautiful eyes!

bell family said...

Oh I do miss the zoo it was one of my favorite places to go. Enjoy Colorado while you are there cause you will miss it if you move.