Nov 17, 2012

We LOVE company!

Aarons parents were here for a week the first part of November.  
The weather was yucky the day they came and the day they left.  
Other than that, it was Beautiful! They couldn't have timed it any better. 
The color of the trees were beautiful. I am sad to say that somehow 
I didn't end up with any pictures.

The girls were in school the first and second day of the visit:/  
One of our outings took us to the Science Museum
Down three kids, but still managed to have a good time:)


We took the girls out of school Friday and made our way to Wilmington. 
1st stop was the Battleship NORTH CAROLINA
for a self guided tour.  
Its role was to protect aircraft carriers in World War II 
The ship is 729 feet or 2 1/2 football fields
This was a scouter plane.They would launch it off the ship with a catapult!


This was the cabin where the missiles were put in place, aimed and fired

The ship had five levels below deck
It was designed to carry 1800 men, but by the end of WWII it was carrying 2,300
The ship was not moving at all.  I still can't figure out why I ended up so quezzy!
Honestly even looking back at the pictures is putting me into a spin.  
So when Eli said he had to use the bathroom,
 I was more than happy to volunteer.
This is just a random pic, but I think it is funny.

He is pouting , refusing to go any further.
This later turned into a fit.  
(fit not so funny)
  Its size, craftsmanship and function were amazing.  
A guy took our picture of us in front of a green background before we got on the boat.
This is what we ended up with.  Pretty Funny!



This is my favorite. 
LOOK, we are all in the 2 passenger plane!  LOL!
After the battleship adventure we grabbed some dinner and walked it off 
by doing a little Christmas shopping.

The next day we walked around in the downtown area down on the river

And then made our way to the beach
It was Sooo close to being nice enough to jump in.
Sydney and Eli had thicker skin and didn't stay dry.

The rest of our time was spent on leisurely walks around the pond 
behind our house and Christmas shopping with Grandma.  

We are so grateful for family that is able to make such a long trip in order to spend time with us.  We love every minute!  Can't wait to see you again!

4 comments:

The Desiree said...

Man my trip was really lame huh. Mom and dad now Aaron's parents get a full blog post and I get stuck in with October. I'm just kidding you know I love you!!!!
I love the pictures at the ship. That looks really cool. I was cracking up at the green screen pictures. The next one on the beach at first I thought it was part of it too.
Love you!! Miss you!!

michandler said...

It is nice some many family have been able to visit you guys. You know if we ever make it that way we will be stopping by! Looks like it was a great trip for Aaron's parents and what kid doesn't like to be pulled out of school. Wondering if you got any weather from Sandy where you are??

Lost Woman said...

That ship actually looks fun to check out... especially "self guided".

The picture of Eli and Grandpa holding the dino leg is priceless. So cute.

Hope I'll be able to come visit one day. Sign me up for the hang around the house and make things visit, and maybe a trip to the beach?

So happy to see all the family that can come out.

Hugs,
C

crazy lady said...

Oh man!The battleship makes it a definite possibility now for Chuck :0)
I had heard you were getting a visit from gramma Pam. She was super excited to be going. Looks like it was a wonderful visit.
I like the huggin dino leg photo too!