Jun 17, 2009

Slumber Party...Success!

All evidence points in the same direction, I am getting old!! My oldest is turning eight on Saturday. My poor children have never had a birthday party that consisted of more than family...no friends, no themes, just cake and ice cream. I applaud all of you ambitious mothers, to much work for me! Instead the girls get a slumber party on their 8th, 12th, and 16th birthday. Seems like a compromise to me?? Anyway, we (I) just survived the first "party" Rylie said that it was better than she had hoped, that is all that matters, so I call is a success. It started with the slip n slide, then fingernail painting, make-up, pizza and a movie, cake decoration, sucking the frosting dry, and finally one last movie with plenty of junk food. Ry only had three friends over, and like I said the night was a success.

5 comments:

Lost Woman said...

I remember my first non family birthday party and I was in 6th grade. I thought it was amazing!

Sweet pictures! I love the ones from the new photo spot too. No grimace smiles.

Lots of photo shop?

crazy lady said...

EIGHT!?!?!?! How did THAT happen? If you're getting old - I'm getting ancient. Great shots and a good compromise on the party/slumber party idea.

My Angels said...

I actually only had to work on one picture, and it wasn't even a group picture, they are training well!!

michandler said...

I guess you update your blog more often than I do. I hadn't been in awhile. Wow. I missed a bunch. I had slumber parties for many of my birthday parties since they were in May. Fun times. Love to golf pictures. Good to start them young. Didn't know Aaron was into it. Always great photos but you have good material to work with!

wallymom said...

I'm with you. My kids get parties at 5, 8, 12 and maybe 16. We'll see what happens when we get there. I think it makes thae parties more special.