Dec 31, 2009

Our first Christmas

So this was the first Christmas that my family has not spent Christmas with either Aaron's family or mine. Aaron was more than pleased with this decision, and did his best to keep the kids entertained and start some family traditions of our own. I will admit, I had a few moment when I missed being home, but on the whole he was quit successful!! We decorated ginger bread cookies, sugar cookies for Santa, took goodies to friends and saw Santa on more than one occasion.(Library Santa continues to be my favorite). The kids each drew a name and we went shopping for their Christmas gifts, which they loved! We went out for lunch Christmas Eve, and then sat down and had a family home evening, focusing on the Jesus and his birth, followed by the tradition opening their pj's present. Christmas day was filled with plenty of presents, cinnamon rolls and later in that afternoon we went to Alvin and the Chipmunks the squeakual. So that is our Christmas in a nutshell, our first private Christmas, with out a hitch!

8 comments:

Lost Woman said...

Sounds like a super busy Christmas first. Thanks for sharing the photos.

So great to see you in Denver, and to chat the other night.

Saving $50 is good!

crazy lady said...

That sounds like a grand Christmas to me! Building your own family traditions is great! Looks like it was a winner all the way around.

michandler said...

There is a point in every family's life where they have to start their own family traditions. Sometimes that can be a little bittersweet but it's good to have your own traditions. You are building memories for your own kids that they will cherish.

Kristy said...

A message for Aaron:

Went to Todd Gilberts funeral and saw your family. Just wanted to let you know they are the best. Your father let me cry on his shoulder and hug him as if he was my own Dad. The funeral was a little too much like his. We really need to have a "family" reunion. I am letting you be in charge of that :)

Ashley said...

Love your pictures. And yes, Christmas at home is wonderful. Sad to not have family with you, but wonderful that you don't have to travel! Sounded like a great Christmas holiday!

The Cottams said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas.. I watched the Chipmunk movie on Christmas also, but with my parents and siblings this year.. I hope you all had a great New Years and had fun starting your own family traditions!!

Marie said...

I love being home at Christmas! We lucked out though and family came to us after. I love your new pictures!! They are so great!

The Desiree said...

Oh my Gosh Eli is huge!! Sydney looks so much like Rylie in that Santa picture I got a little confused. I missed you this Christmas, even if you had a good time!