Jun 16, 2010

New floors

We have hated the carpet in our house since be bought it-carpet in the dinning room? So we had an estimate on having the floors installed. When it came back $2200- just for the labor-uuuh we decided to try another company. The second bid came back at ONLY $1000 for the labor-for 450 sq feet! Are you kidding me! Being the cheapo that I am, and having the father I do, decided to make a phone call and informed Aaron that his weekend was booked. He was not soo keen with the idea, but I reassured him that it would be no problem. Long story short, it was a sliiightly harder project than I had anticipated-But no worries! Here are the before and after's!

10 comments:

bell family said...

they look fabulous! I love hardwood but our babies don't so much.

Kristy said...

It looks so nice. New flooring is one of my favorite things in the world!

crazy lady said...

Ahhh... that's nice! And how great is it to have a great dad who has skills and is willing to come and help. I'm sure it WAS a bigger project than anticipated...seems like that is the nature of any house project. But, all in all it looks grand! Congrats!

Ashley said...

*gasp* it looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Wow- nice job guys! Hopefully one of these days i'll see it in person! LOVE it!

The MK Crew said...

Wow! It looks great! And there is such satisfaction in seeing your work! It's beautiful!

Lost Woman said...

OH that looks sooo nice!

Lucky devil. I need a floor genie myself, but I'll have to suffice.

You must love it!

Lost Woman said...

OH that looks sooo nice!

Lucky devil. I need a floor genie myself, but I'll have to suffice.

You must love it!

Melissa said...

Gorgeous! Wow, I love it. Enjoy!

jo said...

I envy you!!! I have carpet in my major traffic areas and it drives me nuts! Someday.....(sigh)

Marie said...

Oh la la! LOVE THEM! I want to do mine *whine*