Feb 15, 2011

Valentines 2011

We had our tradition of valentine socks and candy. This year it was a chocolate rose, BIG hit with the girls. Writing names on the valentines is always so exciting, and intense, very serious work! I am so very grateful for my children, they truly do make my life bright. I can't help but fill with pride when they are the topic of discussion!
I have never been a valentine decor person, but like I said in the last post, I LOVE the ideas that are out there on blogs these days. I found the vase idea at Someday Crafts. Check out the cupcake liner wreath too, very cute! I had a hard time deciding which wreath I was going to do. I am very happy with how this one turned out. You will find the tutorial at Little Birdie Secrets. In case you were interested in making this one, it took one and a half yards of fabric. The tutorial doesn't say how much. Needless to say I had to make a trip back to Joann's. Des told me about the cupcake liner topiary tree, so I can't tell you were to find that tutorial. Anyway that is the how and where on that, hope you all had a lovely Valentines Day!

6 comments:

Lost Woman said...

Eli is getting so grown up!

Love the intense valentine signing session, and the decorations are FAB.

You have every reason to beam when talking about your great kids.

Thanks for sharing.

michandler said...

Love the socks! Hate valentines day though. This is the 2nd or 3rd year in a row I didn't even get cards for Cooper to give out. I'm a valentines scrooge I guess. Though I did make sugar cookies for the kids to frost at his school party. I do like to make sugar cookies--weird. Glad you had fun with the holiday though.

Melissa said...

Allison, I love that you are putting some of your creations on here - you do great stuff! Thanks for sharing. Love it all.

jo said...

I love your sock tradition...even little Eli had cute socks ;) Loving the craft blogs, too. I don't end up making any of it, though. Love to look and browse...how fun to make those projects...just what we need in Jan and Feb!!!!

crazy lady said...

For someone who doesn't "decorate" You sure have made some cute decorations!
Looks like everyone got socks to fit their personality and like the name writing IS serious business.
I gave some valentine's to a few of my students and coworkers. One girl got kinda misty eyed and said she hadn't gotten a valentine since she was in 4th grade - she's a senior. They were all so cute and thrilled. It was a pretty easy thing to do too. It's tough being a teen in high school and seeing so many people around you get "scknowledged".
I am not a huge fan of the "proscribed" day - but I AM a big fan of helping someone feel like they are noticed...
ok. That was a little bit of a rant. Sorry.

Josh, Lundyn, Quincy and Brylee Stuart said...

So, so cute! Both the crafts and your kiddos!