Apr 26, 2012

We Will Miss You!!!

 We lived in Colorado 4.5 years, which sets the record for the longest time we have ever lived in the same place since Aaron and I were married 12 years ago.  We had to say goodbye to SOOO many Amazing people and GOOD friends. I have to say this is the best ward we have been in Ever, hands down!  This being said, it has the bar raised pretty high for our next destination and has me very nervous!
My friends put together a ward going away party which was held at the park with lots of fun desserts.  They set the picture mat out and had everyone sign it and then framed it with  picture of Colorado. I absolutely LOVE it and will never forget these amazing people!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this group of women!!  I honestly do not know what I am going to do without them!  I am not so good with expressing emotions with words and wish I could put to words all my feelings of admiration, respect, appreciation and love that I feel for them!
Ashley, Lyndsey, me, Rachel
Shauna and Megan (top row below)
 This is Sydney's Best Buddy from Kindergarten, they were inseparable  all year!
 We have had the best Kindergarten teachers!  Mrs. Ryan didn't disappoint, she was Fabulous!
Syds other two peeps have been buddies since we moved here when she was 2.
 Abby with her third grade teacher this year.
Rylie and Abby with their art teacher.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a recent picture of  Rylie and her teacher FAVORITE teacher of ALL time Mr. Johnson.  He was her teacher for two years in a row and we watched her grow soo much under his instruction. 
Rylie and Adi (in pink) have been BFF's since we moved here.  She and her mom threw a surprise going away  party for Ry and Abby.  I know so sweet right?
 Abby has a Huge group of great friends in our ward.  So to avoid overwhelming the host we stuck to just the girls she sees at recess. Such a sweet bunch! 

Our last week in Colorado was CRAZY to say the least.  We were fortunate to have a relocation package.  so we had everything packed, loaded and driven across country for us..... Wiiiith the exception that we found out that they have traced the forged check to one of the packers.... all went well?  We had to pack on Monday, load the truck on Tuesday so that the "professional" cleaners could clean the house Wednesday. (I recommend hiring your own cleaners, not requiring "professional" from the house owners.)  The house sold on Thursday and we flew out on Friday.  We were without our own place to stay starting Tuesday night.  My sweet generous friend Rachel opened her home to all six of  us and we stayed with her and her family three our last three nights.  My ward was so Great!  They provided meals, watched my kids, and were in constant contact offering any and all help that we might be in need of.  

Thanks so much for EVERYTHING!
We will NEVER forget you!!!





5 comments:

The Desiree said...

Oh Alli seeing you with your friends made me cry. I am so sorry. I know how you feel, in a way. I wish it was easier. At least you know it is what you are supposed to be doing.

Lost Woman said...

Moving can be sooo hard... and seeing you and the dins with all their friends made me cry too!

I can't wait to hear how you are doing in teh humid south.

So sorry I missed your call. I've been on the road since last saturday. I'm at Crazy's now. Hope to call you tomorrow.

Much love and hugs in your new location.

Amy Wallace said...

Ali you have been blessed to have good friends and you will continue to be because of the person you are. It's hard, but think of all those new BFFs just waiting for you!

Marie said...

It's still weird without you guys!!! I catch myself looking for you at church or forgetting that other people are in your house!!! I hope you have just as an amazing experience in NC as you did here! You guys deserve good things and wonderful people!
love you!

crazy lady said...

Well cutie! Sounds like it was a tough wrench to leave such good friends and ties behind. Those are the kinds of relationships that will stay with you though.
Hope things are going better for you out there by now (Celiac told me a bit of your saga- YIKES!)
It IS beautiful out there. You are a great person and will make good friends. Be patient and try not to compare- because comparison can bring frustration- boy do I know that one :0)
love you!