Jul 7, 2012

And then she was 11

OOOH My Sweet Sweet Ry!  
I seriously couldn't ask for a sweeter, kinder, more fun or helpful and responsible kiddo.  
Birthday #2 in corporate housing, which meant another store cake

We told her that she got $3 from us since we didn't know what to get her. She knew that wasn't true, but didn't have a clue what she would be getting. She got one present with $3....and the note telling her where to find her real present. The shock of receiving an e-tablet!
In earlier discussions we had told her NO WAY and given our reasons. We got no argument from her, she said she understood and that was the end of the discussion. (She seriously IS the Best kid Ever) We have found ourselves  in uncharted territory with technology and how fast it is changing. Trying to find the balance between safety, control and Trust.  

Look at that face! 
We went to Red Robin and then Madagascar 3 On her Bday, sadly no pics. BUT the next day we were invited to go Roller Skating.  We had never been before, so it was an Experience! 

Ry &  Alisa
She had just fallen, I guess she wasn't in the mood to say CHEESE!
Abby and Cailey
 And you can't forget Sy the kid, my little spaz!

What a week!  Happy Birthday, luv U kiddo!!

4 comments:

The Desiree said...

Oh how I hate seeing them grow up with out me!!! She was my first baby, the one that made me want to have kids of my own. I knew that if I loved her as much as I did, I would love my own kids even more. Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

Lost Woman said...

Miss Rylie creeping up on the teens! Too much.
She is about as sweet as they come.

Beautiful inside is where it counts. What a great expression she has with that tablet.
Can she skype with that now?

Miss you all.

michandler said...

Wow 11 already! Hold on to your hat--she'll be a teen before you know it. She's a cutie for sure and you'll be fighting the boys off soon. Looks like they have made some friends there as well, that's got to help. Happy Birthday to Ry!

Ashley said...

How did that happen?!? ELEVEN?!? Wow- she is such a beauty and a sweetie! Sounds like it was a great bday!