Jun 18, 2012

"Look at the castle!"

This weekend we made our way to Durham to see the Duke Chapel.  We did not end up taking any official tour, so mostly just oohing and awing.  

  Eli was excited when he saw the "CASTLE"
We had assumed that it was another historic building. 
After a little research we found out it was finished in 1932, 
Sooo not as old as we thought.  
It was still pretty impressive!
This is all concrete.  How....Whaaat?

.

After the chapel we went to look at the Sarah P. Duke gardens
I am thinking it is probably more impressive in the spring? 
 I was very green and pretty, but it is green and pretty everywhere here.

A fun shot of my cute little butts:)
(They were not impressed when they realized what I took this picture:)

It started to heat up, so we didn't last long in the gardens.


7 comments:

michandler said...

Wow. You guys are having lots of grand adventures! Lots of exploring going on. How fun. There are so many places you guys will get to see. Glad you are taking advantage of being in a new place. How fun!

Lost Woman said...

How are you finding all the fun sights and adventures you are going on? Internet research.. word of mouth?

These are some interesting things for sure. The kids might wonder where it all went when you get settled in your house.

(:

jo said...

My sister lives in Durham :) We are headed to NC in 2 days....we're going to the Outer Banks. We're going to go to the chapel and Duke gardens while we are there...my sister went to a Christmas program at the chapel and said it was A-mazing!

So many new and exciting things to see!!!!

The Desiree said...

Cooool! It was finished in 1939, but when did they start? Huh? That is the real question:) Love ya. I am glad to see you have some awesome adventures.

Melissa said...

That is beautiful, if not all that historic. I think the butt shot is pretty cute. :)

Amy Wallace said...

I think it looks like a castle too! I am also very partial to the "butt shots" or just the behind, especially when they are walking.

Sassy Rachel said...

Ok seriously, stop having so much fun and acting like this move was totally awesome ok!:) WOW! All these adventures! I'm LOVING all your pictures and it doesn't hurt that you have the best posers EVER! Wow, I love all your pictures and you are so artistic with the camera! Love it all! (I'm really glad you are happy and enjoying yourselves you know, but you really are missed!:)