Jan 6, 2013

2012 Christmas

I had to go on a quest for a Santa this year.  
The Santa in Colorado set the bar high, he was the real deal :)
We ended up going with some friends to Oak View Historic Park 
The adventure started with a horse drawn carriage ride. 
(The flash caught a few of us of guard :)
 We then made our way though this fun historic house.  
There was story telling and live Christmas music.
Our mistake was getting in line for Santa last.
By the time it was our turn, Eli was tired, hungry and not 
about to do Anything for a camera
.
Decorating the tree. This is a new tree, and is a foot taller
than our old tree. Seeing this picture freaked me out and made me
start digging through old pictures.
She is sooo small!  I love how careful she is being.

Oh how I miss those cheeks!!

Christmas break is not complete without decorating
the gingerbread house.  Eli cracked me up!!
Poor patient little brother waiting for his turn :)

 I don't think I know anyone who doesn't 
open pj's on Christmas Eve!
 This picture of Syd makes me smile!!  
Can't forget the reindeer food!

 Eli hadn't napped in a week and had late nights, so he was NOT
happy Christmas morning, when we tried to wake him up.  We ended up 
starting without him.  Even on his own terms he was a pill.
He did eventually warm up to the idea :)

Seriously where has the time gone!!
 
Our tree had a lot of presents this year.
There really wasn't one big present,
just a lot of small inexpensive boxes

Ry is into Lace
Syd needed room decor
 So did Abby
We had Christmas Eve dinner with my sweet friend Lisa and her family.  
Christmas afternoon we were invited over to play with another fun family. I wish I had my camera, the kids had blast, playing midnight tag, laser tag and Celebrities.  I do miss  family, especially over the holidays.  But it is nice to know that in their absence we are blessed with great friends who are there to take care of us..... and keep us entertained :) 



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the flashback pictures! They do grow up fast. You are finding new traditions and that is good. The kids are cute as always!

crazy lady said...

OH that was a sweet post. The flashbacks almost made me cry. The first photo of the gingerbread decorating is priceless with Syd and Mr. Eli both.
It looks like everyone fared very nicely in the new abode and new traditions.

Lost Woman said...

Loved this post!

I'll bet you don't regret all the picture taking over the years.
So glad you had a fun holiday with friends.

Just so you know.. I don't open new pajamas on Christmas eve.
(:

Sorry I missed your call Sunday!

The Desiree said...

Oh this post was sooo cute. I forget how tiny they were once. They were some squishable! I miss you guys more than I can say. I too am glad that you have good friends that take such good care of you. I am thankful for them....and for you and your cute family!

Amy Wallace said...

Love the flashbacks. It's so hard to remember them little