Nov 16, 2008

Now for the rest of the story...

We asked Sydney what she wanted to do for her birthday, Chucky Cheese or McDonalds (We miss Arctic Circle) After dinner and playing at McDonlads we headed home for presents and cake. Of course I am taking pictures, documenting the whole night. Sydney was loving the attention and all was running smoothly. After all the fun was over I plugged my camera in to upload and blog. Aaron directs my attention to Sydney who is playing with the money that she had just gotten, carefully taking one dollar at at time from one pile to the other. I grabbed my camera to capture this, oh boy are we in trouble if $$ is her favorite gift at the age of 3. As Paul Harvey would say "And now for the rest of the story...I thought that I had downloaded the pictures that I had already taken, so before I take the money sorting pictures I clear the memory card that had pictures back from Halloween. I did not realize until Saturday morning, when I sat down to blog, that the only pictures I had...have are the four that I took of her sorting her money!! I am sick to my stomach!! I have had my digital camera for over five years, and I have never lost pictures!! Of course the time that I do, it is for a birthday.


Here is THE birthday picture:(


I took this picture of her in the birthday clothes from Grandma Pam and her holding the infamous money Saturday morning.

This is what was left of her cake when I realized that the pics were gone:(

3 comments:

The MK Crew said...

That just makes you sick! Sorry - and you always take the coolest pictures! Sydney's cake looks amazing as usual - thanks for teaching me what I know in that department. We miss you here! I can't believe Sydney is 3!

Lost Woman said...

I love that little glint in her eye in the first picture!
Don't stress about the pictures. Most of us don't have any b-day pics and we're doing just fine as grown ups. The best story is the money and you have visual proof of that!
Happy Birthday Miss Sydney!

crazy lady said...

Ohhh! Been there done that. I deleted a big batch while I was with Kelsey. Tyson told me that there were "ways" to retrieve them. But... nothing really practical. I LOVE the little money counter pics!
Hard to believe it's been 3 years already!