Dec 10, 2010

1st Ballet

The girls and I attended our first ballet last week. Yes, it was my first as well, sad I know! Sydney said that the music made her sleepy, and Ry said that the tights on the nutcracker were "GROOOSS" Our friend Kyla(pretty little red head) won the nutcracker drawing during intermission. We were all very excited for her. Then we saw the nutcracker and Clara afterwords, dressed down, but all the same. The girls thought that was pretty cool. From their we did our traditional girls night out dinner at Red Robin, can't go without fries, shakes and don't forget the BALLOON! It was a great night, one that I hope the girls will remember fondly!

4 comments:

bell family said...

I love the nutcracker did you see it downtown Denver? I saw it there one year and was so impressed with how strong the dancers are.

jo said...

Emily and I went this year. It just makes me feel Christmas!

Emily enjoyed it, too. She kept telling me she'd heard the music from somewhere else and I couldn't get her to understand it is the music from The Nutcracker....no matter where you heard it...oh, well ;)

It's good for them to be exposed to different things....glad you and yours were able to go enjoy...especially the burgers and fries...worth going for that!

wallymom said...

What a fun night. Your girls will remember it. I still haven't seen it-which is more pathetic cause I'm older than you. You just made me set a goal to go with my girls next year.

Lost Woman said...

How fabulous in spite of the "gross" tights.
I'll bet it will be well remembered.

My first "Nutcracker" experience was on a date in college. The date was nothing special, but the ballet was super.

As always you and your girls look like you just stepped out of a salon.

If I didn't know you I might hate you.

(: