Dec 2, 2010

Thanksgiving Travel Log

Cousins and grandparents everywhere you look! Our adventure started with Aaron's Grandma Petersen's 80th birthday party. We had to leave early in anticipation of the roads and headed to my parents house from there. My sister and brother Ivan were there with their kids. Eight kids running in circles + single digit temps outside= GOOD TIMES in doors!! Paisley loves Ry, but she does not like the camera! She was all smiles until the camera came out, and unfortunately I do not have Aunt C's knack for taking fun pictures with out them knowing. Elleree on the other hand has picture pose down!! It has been a couple of years since I have been to church with my parents. What a sight we all were. 13 of us walk in and fill a long row and half. Now this would not be such a big deal...except that we were like 1/3 of the congregation!! Every noise our kids made felt magnified 10 full, it was AWESOME! We left from sacrament to see my grandma Vaden. It was a very successful, visit, I always love seeing my family.

We left for Aaron's parents Wednesday afternoon. All of his siblings and his mom's parents came out for Thanksgiving. Of course this meant a photo op. This time 10 kids running around like little turkey who lost their head= good time! Thursday evening the girls brought out the fingernail polish, and the next thing I know they are painting the guys toe nails. ALL of the guys toes! I don't know how they talked them into it, but I do know that even nail polish can not make a Aaron's feet look pretty!! Friday all the girls did some light shopping, dresses for the girls and stocking stuffers, nothing real big. Saturday the guys went to the cabin to try out his dad's new guns. So I went to see my brother Heath. The girls loved Payton and Heath and Emilee loved getting to put their feet up, for but a short moment. He is a cute smiley little bug, with quite the pitch! Our trip home was not as bad as it could have been, but none the less still stressful with new snow Sunday morning. We have much to be thankful for, and I am blessed to be a part of such great and loving families!

6 comments:

michandler said...

It's nice that you are able to back there to see family. Looks like it was worth the trip and the hecticness. I know that mom was really happy you & Des came to see her. She really enjoys seeing you and the all the kids.

Lost Woman said...

Wow, you packed in the family greets in a short time.

The kids are all changing so much, and it also seems like suddenly your hair got super long.

It is crazy how a few months can seem like years have passed.

crazy lady said...

What are you talking about?!? You got a VERY cute photo of Paisley. How lovely to be able to see grandparents, cousins and siblings and have fun to boot.
Glad you made it here and back safely. This time of year is always a gamble.
It IS amazing to see how quickly those babies change!

jo said...

You were able to see a lot of family....awesome. Glad you made it back safely....snowy roads are so stressful and this year we had our share :) Cute pics!

Ashley said...

Aaron can pull that color off really well! LOL So glad you guys got home safe!

The Cottams said...

Sounds like you had a great visit with your and Aaron's families. I am happy you made it back safely. I heard the roads were all closed over that way. I hope of these times we are both traveling that way at the same time. We will be there over Christmas this year.