May 31, 2011

16 GIRLS + 4 HOURS= FUN FUN FUN!

8,12 & 16 are the years that my kiddos get to have birthday parties with friends. It was suppose to be a slumber party, but it turns out those are frowned upon in this here neck of the woods. So what was going to be a slumber party of 4 turned into a "pajama party" late over with 13. Add my 3 girls to the mix and all of the sudden I have 16 girls running and squealing around in my backyard.

They started off with pizza for dinner. I though it would be fun to let them decorate cupcakes, and thought the owls were super cute and thought they would be simple enough. Unfortunately I did not buy double stuffed Oreos and I just assumed that the Oreo would twist apart nicely if done properly. Yeeaah, not so much! That combined with the frosting being a little to stiff made for stressful decorating, on my part anyway! They took off outside again while I cleaned up and prepared for the next activity, chocolate facials! The girls painted each others nails while I went around the table lathering their faces with this facial that was going to make their skin oh so soft. Aaah, well in theory anyway. It was slightly harder to take off than I had imagined! As we are opening presents and I look at a little face with red splotches. Her response was "I'm ok, it only burns a little" OOOh...so just in case you were wondering coco, ground oats, and sour cream DON'T give you soft skin! The evening tappered off with a movie and popcorn &/or a little Just Dance on the wii. Over all I think the kids were happy and had a good time. I did wonder, "what in the world were you thinking?" when it was all said and done.


Oh and it turns out the plastic table clothes are not resistant to fingernail polish remover! That's a whole nother story for another time!

7 comments:

michandler said...

Weird that slumber parties are frowned on--nobody has a problem with them here. I'm sure none of the problems with any of the activities bugged any of the girls other than you! It sounds like it was alot of fun for those squealing girls. What WERE you thinking though!! Crazy.

crazy lady said...

Ohhh! You make me laugh! I love that you are so creative and willing to plan such fun activities to create lasting memories. If there weren't any "issues" it wouldn't make as good a story and then the retelling wouldn't be nearly as fun. So, you are successful on all levels! I was afraid you were going to say the girl was allergic to chocolate and was glad there were no trips to the ER involved.
Looks like fun all around. And I think slumber parties are over rated anywho...There is NO slumber involved.

jo said...

All those girls look so cute in their jammies and like they are having the time of their lives :)

You're a very brave mommy!

Amy Wallace said...

You are a brave mommy and a fun one. Those are the years my kids get parties also, but so far no one has wanted one with that many kids. It looks like they had a great time.

Lost Woman said...

Whew! I'm tired just reading it.
The chocolate oatmeal facial is hilarious... well to hear, probably not to live through.
You are a fun and creative mom for SURE... but 16.
Ouch.

Melissa said...

That's just awesome all around. Love the post, the descriptions, and the pictures. Simply fantastic (now that it's over, I'm sure).

The Cottams said...

Looks like the girls had a great time. Sounds like a birthday party I wish I could of had as a child!