Jun 3, 2012

Mommy Houdini

The girls never latched on to anything as babies. Not a binky, blanky, or animal.  Then came Eli!  Meet Doggie!  Oh how he has loved his doggie.  I would watch him love on him and wish he would give me even half those lov'ns!  
After a year of weekly washing and lov'ns... Doggie "broke"  Now if I loved him as much as Eli, I may have been willing to pull out a needle and thread, but he was soo gross!!  Instead I got on line and found a similar dog that will stand up to the washer a little better. The trick was going to be making the transition.

I went into his room as he was waking up from his nap and said "Oh poor doggie is broken, lets fix him"  I put him under his covers, dropped him to the floor and pulled out "Doggie all fixed!" He was still not quite awake yet, gave me and the dog a funny look and then off he went!  Illusion successful? 
The test would be going to sleep that night....And I am a brilliant magician!!

I had to get a snap of him in his "trains" I loved his little bum in diapers, but nothing beats those little cheeks in "trains"!!

9 comments:

michandler said...

Look how brown those little legs are! You guys are getting some sun. We still have Cooper's Stinky Bear & Dirty Dog. They held up to multiple washings thankfully. He only stopped playing with them about a year ago. Stuffed animals can have alot of significance and comfort to kids. Good on you for sneaking in substitute!

Kristy said...

Great job :) He is soooo cute!

Amy Wallace said...

Way to go Mama!

Lost Woman said...

I loved it when you told me that story!
I'm guessing he suspected something... but totally had no idea what it must be.

Too funny!!

jo said...

Heehee....moms are great that way!

Emmy and Carter have their favorite stuffed animals. Carter actually threw Emily's "black puppy" in the trash when he was around 18 months old....I cried...lol! She got a replacement the following Christmas..."brown puppy" because Santa couldn't find a black one for the life of her!

Silly kids!

crazy lady said...

Oh you sneaky beast!
Way to go :0)
He IS getting to be a big boy isn't he?

The Desiree said...

Oh goodness he is so cute.

Ashley said...

Nice job! And yes he is darling in those little underwear! Yum!

The Ostler Bunch said...

I am LOVING all your posts! You are such a great mom! I know this move is a huge adjustment, I know it is for me :( But with all these adventures your family is building loads of memories and are growing so close together! Keep 'em comin'!!!