Jun 5, 2012

Museum of Art

Aaron and I have never been very adventurous or creative people.  We are known to spend many a Saturdays at home, very uneventful.  Turns out all we needed was to be stuck in an apartment with very little natural light and four kids!  This weekends "adventure" (weak in comparison to my brother in-laws) took us to the Museum of  Art.  It was a great museum, and we....I had fun trying to incorporate the art and kids together.

This was the girls favorite painting.  They are ALL girl!
My favorite was the Mona Lisa upside down.  It consists of 5184 spools of thread hung on the wall!
 When you look through the glass ball it flips the Mona Lisa right side up. I loved how this picture turned out!
I like mine better!)
The painting was called Dentist. We made Ry stand in front because she has had a similar experience with one of her former dentists.  Just Painful!

Deep in thought or bored?
 They gave the kids a little booklet and these tags to look through to better observe the art details :)
 Staring contest, Ry lost!
In her defense, she was all clothed!
I know, I know Super Cheesy...but it still makes me smile!

 Sydney was mortified after the picture was taken, and she realized that I had taken her picture with the "half naked guy" (She was standing in the middle of the room, so she didn't know what I could see, hehe)
Eli was just along for the ride, this is one of the only pictures I have to prove he was even with us!
We spent a good two hours walking from section to section.  I think the kids really enjoyed it, I know I did! Next time we will hit the outdoor displays!!  

7 comments:

The Desiree said...

I loved this. The pictures were super cute, you did an awesome job catching the art with the kids. In a way that was fun and showed what you looked at too.
I really like the picture with Eli, he's like yeah I'm just here.
Miss you, but am glad to see you guys doing such fun stuff!

Lost Woman said...

What a fun day. I loved this post too!
(I do have a bit of an art bias though)

Nothing is more fun in a museum than imitating the art. You have some super fun shots. I think the Mona Lisa one is great too.

I hope you are having as much fun as it looks like!

michandler said...

What a fun day! For them & you both. Love all the photos they are super cute & creative! That Mona Lisa one seems pretty cool. The girls are so beautiful! Great day.

crazy lady said...

Some of my best memories(recent and not so) involve art museums. The light in there was great and the kids colorful clothing and cute faces don't hurt a bit.

I love the smiley face on Sydney- thinking about how mortified she was afterwards (sneaky mom indeed :0)

Glad you're finding some fun diversions in the "waiting game"

Jody said...

Miss you guys! It looks like you're settling in and having fun. Ooh, I just want to pinch Eli's cheeks!

Jody said...

Both sets!

Melissa said...

These pictures are all awesome!